Installing security gates (Cape Town) can go a long way in terms of home security and safety. Taking steps to ensure that your household is safe can be beneficial for a variety of reasons. Today, we will break down some of the most important of these benefits and look at how installing our security gates (Cape Town) can increase the value of your property. We, at Glow Innovations, are confident that we can make your home a safer environment.
8 Major Benefits Of Security Gates: Cape Town
Let’s cover four points regarding driveway gates and four about pedestrian gates – both can have extremely positive effects on your level of home security.
Enhanced Safety: Installing one of our driveway gates is a highly effective way to increase the level of security in your home. It acts as a hardy physical barrier that deters unauthorised access to your property. Options like the automated entry system and intercom add further access control functionality, making it even more difficult for would-be intruders to breach your security measures. This can go a long way to guarantee the protection of your home and family against possible threats.
Improved Curb Appeal: Our well-designed security gates can add a significant amount of aesthetic appeal to the outside of your property and greatly enhance its curb appeal! Have a look at our website to see some of the beautiful, custom work we have done over the many years we have been in the industry. You may find that you become the envy of your neighbourhood with your new driveway gate from Glow Innovations.
Privacy: Depending on the style of driveway gate you choose, your level of privacy can be substantially bolstered with the addition of security gates (Cape Town). They also allow you to monitor who is outside of your home so that you don’t need to interact with strangers, solicitors, or salespeople, if you don’t wish to.
Added Convenience: If you decide on one of our automatic driveway gates, you can control access without needing to leave your home or your car. This is especially convenient during bad weather – when the last thing you want to do is run out into the elements and manually open the security gates. A motorised gate also adds a certain luxury and sophistication to your household.
Greater Accessibility: Pedestrian security gates (Cape Town) provide you with simple and convenient access to your home for you and your guests. It means you are able to enter without needing to open a larger gate designed for a vehicle. In many ways, this is safer as well – larger gates take longer to open and close and this means it’s possible for a pet or child to exit unnoticed. With Pedestrian gates this is very unlikely.
Visual Appeal: As is the case with installing one of our driveway gates, pedestrian gates can add a stylish and welcoming feature to your household, enhancing its curb appeal. This should make your home more appealing to potential buyers if you decide to put it up for sale in the future.
Pet and Child-Friendly Access: If you have children or pets, our pedestrian security gates can provide them with a safe area for them to play and move about freely without the risk of them running out onto the street. This can give you great peace of mind knowing that your loved ones are not safe and secure within the boundaries of your property.
Acts As A Deterrent: The presence of these kinds of security measures can act as a highly effective deterrent against potential intruders. Most criminals will avoid households that seem to be well-protected and have taken additional steps to ensure home security. It is crucial that your property does not appear to be an easy target – with our security gates this will certainly not be the case.
What Makes Our Security Gates (Cape Town) A Great Investment Long Term?
Installing our security gates is not only a fantastic way to improve the general security and privacy of your household, but it can also add significant value to your property – making it a far more attractive prospect for possible buyers in the future. Potential buyers are a lot more willing to pay out more for a household that provides curb appeal and added security, which is where security gates can play an essential role.
Appealing and effective driveway and pedestrian security gates can greatly improve the aesthetic appeal of your property, leaving a good first impression on prospective buyers. The added visual appeal and security should help your home to stand out amongst the rest on the market. If you decide on features like intercoms and automated entry systems, this can also act as a great selling point for homebuyers who value convenience and added safety.
This is why we say that our security gates are not only beautiful and highly functional, but are also a fantastic investment going forward – as the money you spend when installing the security gates will more than likely come back to you when selling the property. By increasing the security and privacy of your household, you will not only create a more desirable living space for yourself and your family, but you also increase the resale value substantially. So there are many great reasons to consider installing some of our excellent security gates!
Design And Effectiveness Of Our Security Gates: Cape Town
Security gates are most commonplace in commercial and residential areas, acting as an additional layer of security for homes and businesses. The main goal with our gates is to bolster safety. However, it is equally as vital that they successfully blend in aesthetically and do not distract too much from the inherent beauty of the property itself. The design of our security gates must strike a good balance between beauty and functionality.
The design of our security gates is imperative – as they must be durable enough to withstand attempted break-ins and harsh weather conditions while still remaining visually appealing. They also need to be simple to operate, using a remote control, key, code, or biometric signature. Additionally, security gates need to meet specific standards such as withstanding strong winds or deterring unauthorised personnel or vehicles.
Visually, they need to match up with the architecture of the property and its surroundings. For example, older, more traditional properties would better suit wrought iron gates with intricate designs – while more modern properties would benefit more from a contemporary style. The finish and colour should also be complementary to the rest of the household.
If you are looking to perfectly balance form and function, custom-made security gates (Cape Town) are definitely the way to go. Our custom-made gates can be created to meet specific aesthetic and security requirements, like automation, intercoms, and remote control systems.
Visibility is another crucial aspect of great security gate design – with some being easy to see through if the owner is not as concerned with privacy and others completely blocking views and making a property look like a fortress. It all depends on the needs and wants of the customer and we always try to cater our designs to exactly what the client may want, wherever possible.
10 Ways To Increase Security
- Ensuring the safety of your property is crucial – especially in our nation where the crime rate is unfortunately very high. It can never hurt to be well-prepared and the peace of mind this can offer should not be understated. If your budget allows for it, it can be hugely beneficial to invest in additional safety measures to ensure comprehensive protection. There are many fantastically functional options that pair brilliantly with our security gates (Cape Town).
- Surveillance cameras offer visual monitoring of properties and the people entering and exiting them. If they have been strategically placed, they should offer a wide range of view and you will be able to successfully keep track of the on-goings in and around your property.
- The footage that comes from these security cameras can be used as effective evidence if any security incidents do occur. It will be massively helpful in identifying and prosecuting perpetrators in the unfortunate event of a breach.
- Access control systems will assist in restricting access to certain parts of properties, like office spaces or restricted storage areas for example. These kinds of systems are highly effective with regard to ensuring that only authorised personnel can gain access to sensitive areas.
- These access control systems can use a variety of methods such as fobs, key cards, and biometric data to gain entrance.
- Intercom systems are ideal for communicating with people outside of your property. You will be able to speak to them and gauge their intentions before you need to make any decisions about granting them access. This adds a great deal of security to any household, even if it does seem unassuming at first glance.
- These intercom systems can also be integrated with small surveillance cameras so that you can see who is outside your property, providing an added layer of security to your home.
- Alarm systems are an integral part of any successful home security system. They will be triggered if there are any breaches to the perimeter of your property, immediately notifying security services to respond to the breach. Alarms also act as an effective deterrent as most would-be criminals will flee once the siren begins to sound.
- Alarm systems can be triggered in a variety of different ways – using motion detectors, security cameras, electric fencing, and unauthorised attempts to use access control technology. These measures should allow for ample time for security to arrive and assess the scene.
- Remote monitoring and control systems allow you as the property owner and security personnel to monitor and control security gates remotely, making it easy to manage the security of the property even when it is not occupied.
Now you have all the ins and outs of what we, at Glow Innovations, can offer you! We have been at the forefront of our industry for many years and have a long line of very happy customers who can attest to the quality of our work. We have been manufacturing and installing our beautiful products since 2001, so we are sure we can create the perfect product to suit your specific needs.
If you have been considering installing your own security gates (Cape Town) consider contacting us today for a quote!