Comprehensive Guide to Pedestrian Gates
We offer a wide range of security gate, driveway gate and steel gate designs to suit your requirements.
When considering your new steel gate it is very important to always think about the end result you would like to achieve. We have curated our popular range of proven driveway gate & steel gate products to allow you a smooth experience as a potential customer.
We know the story and sadly, have been guilty of it in the past, you contact a supplier and they take ages to come back to you. To this end we have designed an online store for our most popular steel gate design types where you can design your own driveway gate or pedestrian gate and obtain indicative pricing without having to wait on someone to call you back!
From the selection below you will be guided either to our shop where you can obtain instant pricing while you custom design your driveway gate, security gate or pedestrian gate. Alternatively you will be able to contact us with the design reference directly from any picture below to enable us to help you with pricing on your very custom steel gate design faster. Please remember that all our products are made to order and to your requirements at our factory in Cape Town, South Africa.
Visit our Learning Centre after scrolling through the designs below…
Clad Pedestrian Gates
Your Comprehensive Guide to Pedestrian Gates
When you are wanting to add a pedestrian gate to your home, it can be overwhelming to find quality and reliable information on pedestrian gates to help you make this decision. We are the pedestrian gate experts and are here to make this exciting step easy for you. From general facts and questions to the different types of pedestrian gates to what prices you can expect, we have covered everything you need to know in our Comprehensive Guide to Pedestrian Gates. For affordable, durable, and stylish pedestrian gates, Glow Innovations is the gates manufacturer for you.
Pedestrian Gates Facts and Questions:
Many property owners are making the valuable decision of installing a pedestrian gate at their homes or businesses. If you are interested in installing a gate at your property but have a few queries, we have you covered with our provided answers to the common questions around a pedestrian gate.
1) What is a Pedestrian Gate?
A pedestrian gate is a gate designed to allow residents or guests into a property through a narrow entryway. A pedestrian gate is a functional and practical addition to your property, and can also serve aesthetic purposes. A pedestrian gate is typically manual but can be automated with an electric lock linked to your intercom. These electric pedestrian gates have increased convenience and ease of accessibility.
2) How Do You Fit a Gate?
The installation of a pedestrian gate should be done by professionals, especially when you have an electric lock system that will require the running of cables. A professional pedestrian gate installation company will ensure that your gate is correctly installed and fully functional before they leave to allow you to start immediately enjoying the benefits of a pedestrian gate. We have outlined the basic steps of having a pedestrian gate installed at your home by a professional installation company.
- Arrival: Your pedestrian gate installation company will arrive at the set time for your gate installation. On arrival, there will be the initial greeting during which you can inform the company if there are any pets that could be a problem or if where they have parked is satisfactory. You will be requested to demonstrate where your pedestrian is being installed and if there are any aspects the installation company needs to be aware of whilst working at your home.
- Installation: The installation company will then begin the process of installing your new pedestrian gate. If you have an existing pedestrian gate, this will be removed and either placed in the company’s vehicle to be taken away or stored somewhere convenient on your property so you can reuse it. The installation company will then mount the posts, hinges and pedestrian gate and ensure everything is secure and level.
- Locking System: Once the pedestrian gate is installed, your selected locking system will then be installed. The installation of your locking system will depend on whether you have selected an electric lock, double-acting lock, or slam lock. Once the locking system is installed, the installation company will perform an additional check that the pedestrian gate is satisfactorily installed and the locking system works.
- Client Walk-Through: You will be asked to do a walk-through of the installed pedestrian gate to ensure that you are satisfied with the installation and functionality. If you are happy, you will accept it and then the installation company will leave.
3) What Size are Garden Gates?
The standard size of a single garden gate is typically 1 meter–1.5 meters in width and 1meter–2 meters in height. The width of your garden gate will increase if you decide to have a double garden gate. If the standard garden gate sizes do not suit your entryway size and your requirements, you can have a garden gate custom-designed to suit your entryway size and your needs.
4) How Much Does it Cost to Put a Motor on a Gate?
A pedestrian gate will seldomly have a motor. A pedestrian gate usually has an electric lock which can be released by either an intercom, keypad, remote control, push-button, or cell switch system. The overall cost will be impacted by the difficulty of the installation of your pedestrian gate and your selected lock control system.
Benefits of Pedestrian Gates (Cape Town):
The functionality and aesthetic appeal of a pedestrian gate make these gates a valuable addition to any property. With a pedestrian gate, you will enjoy the benefits of convenience, safety, and aesthetic value. We have briefly outlined the benefits of a pedestrian gate to demonstrate how this gate will be a valuable addition to your home or business.
- Safety: A pedestrian gate is an excellent way to control who has access to your property. The gate will be a secure prevention against any unauthorised people entering your property, keeping your family and guests safe. When at home, you can also allow your pets and children to roam freely around your property without worrying about them with the security of a pedestrian gate.
- Easy Accessibility: A pedestrian gate is a convenient and easy way to gain access to your property. Depending on the locking system you have selected, entering through your pedestrian gate is as simple as unlocking it, pushing a button on your remote or entering a code into your keypad. This makes it effortless to gain quick entry into your property.
- Curb Appeal: Not only is a pedestrian gate a safety feature and a convenient way to enter your property, but it can also increase your curb appeal. A pedestrian gate can be designed to be stylish and aesthetically appealing, creating a unique focal point for the entrance of your property. Increased curb appeal can also be highly beneficial when you plan to sell your property.
Wooden Pedestrian Gates (Cape Town):
Aluminium Lasercut Pedestrian Gates:
Classy Pedestrian Gates:
The Difference Between Pedestrian Gates and Garden Gates (Cape Town):
- Garden Gate: A garden gate will be located inside your property. Garden gates are typically used to control access to a pool, segregate an area of your property, and control pets.
- Pedestrian Gate: A pedestrian gate is typically located on an external wall of your property. The pedestrian gate will be used by you or guests as safe access to your property from the road or parking area.
Fences and Gates Cape Town:
Pedestrian Gates Prices:
- Steel Pedestrian Gate: Prices range between R8000–R35 000.
- Wood Pedestrian Gate: Prices range between R8000–R25 000.
- Nutec Pedestrian Gate: Prices range between R8000–R25 000.
- Bespoke Pedestrian Gate: The price of your bespoke pedestrian gate will depend on the cost factors, but you can request a quote on your custom-designed gate.
Glow Innovations, Your Reliable Gate Manufacturers (Cape Town):
Need a Gate?
If you are needing a pedestrian gate, you can easily contact us on 021 706 0733 to enquire about our pedestrian gates. You can additionally request a free quote on your selected pedestrian gate on our website. We are readily available to begin the process of adding value to your property with a pedestrian gate.
Here are some more points to consider when deciding on your driveway gate design:
- Do you want a completely bespoke, custom design? A remote controlled custom designed automatic gate with various electronic opening options will add huge value to the surroundings. Perhaps we should be using heavier steel sections to create a solid feel.
- Would you like decorative scrolls, cast iron mouldings, logos or designs cut from steel plates inserted into the automated driveway gate.
- Is privacy your main focus? Consider the strength of a steel driveway gate frame clad with either hardwood timber slats, galvanized steel plates, maintenance free fibre cement slats or boards or a combination of these different materials.
- What colour is your steel gate going to be? Another very important aspect to consider is the final finishing of your security gate; we have mastered airless spray painting enabling us to apply the more environmentally friendly water based enamels and acrylic paints to our products. This means you receive a finished product which is easy to maintain for many years to come.
- Is cost your main concern – Design plays a huge part in determining the cost of a security gate, pedestrian gate or driveway gate. A basic common steel gate design with plain galvanized steel finish using a manually operated lock and lighter steel sections will always be cheaper than a custom once off specialty driveway gate design.
- Are you worried about contractors and reliability? A DIY option can sometimes balance the cost implications against the product quality. Labour is a large cost contributor for most suppliers.
Always remember that every driveway gate we supply from the most economical to the more elaborate are engineered to last and be extremely reliable.
We design all our steel gates using SOLIDWORKS CAD before manufacturing, you will receive a final gate design drawing for approval before anything is cut. The end result is a steel gate with your desired style and no upsetting surprises.
You could also use our in-house design team to create a completely bespoke security gate, steel gate or driveway gate product. If you have a clearer idea of your parameters, it will allow us to offer the best solution for your driveway gate, security gate or pedestrian gate design.
For Architects and Designers
Specific to Architects and Designers we offer a consulting service where we establish a suitable gate design specification document for driveway gates, pedestrian gates and the associated gate motor automation. This ensures that all companies tendering can be evaluated evenly based on a solution which is known to be workable and uncompromising. This allows the design professional to focus on other tasks of more importance and not waste their valuable time researching steel sections and fabrication best practice.
*T&C’s apply to custom design work